Author Topic: Xintex propane sensor  (Read 467 times)

Moonlight

Re: Xintex propane sensor
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 12:24:03 AM »
CS,
My control panel is indicating that the problem is specifically with the second sensor, so I'm hoping it's an actual gas leak or the sensor is bad; otherwise, I'll be in the same situation.  I'll bet that it'll be impossible to snake the new cables with the connectors on.  The new panel dimensions look different also, which really irks me.  Let me know how you get along with the replacement.  I won't be back to the boat for a couple of weeks. 

Thanks for the information book, Derek. 

Jack

derek

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 12:49:56 PM »
Hi Jack
With luck I have attached the pdf of the information book for the Xintex S2A
Best regards
Derek

cspath

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 04:08:28 PM »
Jack,
I was originally told by Xintex to unplug one of the sensors at a time and test the system with one sensor to see if the error would disappear. Since the error did disappear (at least temporarily) I replaced one of the sensors with a new "old style" sensor. Unfortunately the problem re occurred a little while later. Now Xintex is telling me I need to replace the controller as well as both sensors, since the new controller will not work with the "old style" sensors. Unfortunately, all of the connectors on the new system are also different, so all wiring needs to be either be redone (which is next to impossible) or all of the connectors need to be spliced to the old extension cables. I will do this when I get to the boat in 10 days.
CS, SV Delfina

Moonlight

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 03:26:13 AM »
CS, Derek,

I've had some intermittent problems with my second gas sensor, also.  I'm glad to have an idea of where it's at, now.   Did Xintex say how to test the sensor?   

Jack H49-31

derek

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 04:06:20 PM »
Try in the top of the Starboard side locker next to the midship bulkhead the one above the sofa itís on the inside of the place where the gas pipe comes in from the gas locker it might be inside a box in the locker happy hunting
Best regards
Derek H49-47

cspath

Xintex propane sensor
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 02:25:24 PM »
I am having a problem with my xintex S2A propane sensor on my Hylas 49. The control keeps going through the startup cycle. I contacted Xintex and they asked to check the sensors. I have not been able to locate the second sensor. The first one is under the stove. Does anyone know the location of the second sensor?
Thanks, CS S/V Delfina

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below