Author Topic: Shower Faucets  (Read 621 times)

tday01

Re: Shower Faucets
« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:13:55 AM »
It was plug and play, and it came with the shower head. I have a ordered a second now that I know the first worked. The previous one, I am planning to install in the stern shower.

Best,

Tony

Windswept

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2019, 09:29:44 PM »
Ummm, no brushed nickle huh....dang it!   :'( So, pretty much plug and play? Does the shower head come with the unite? Looks like a plan.....thanks Tony! looks good! Did you change them both out? Don

tday01

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2019, 11:13:52 AM »
No brushed nickel  :(

tday01

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 06:45:45 AM »
This one fits, looks good and feels well made.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0719C7DVL/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Have emailed to ask if they have brushed nickel.

tday01

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 03:51:46 AM »
Turns out these didn't fit due to the location of the outlets relative to the wall (the fitting protrudes an inch too far towards the wall). See how close your outlets are tot he wall. I have ordered some different ones, and will let you know how they work out.

Tony

Windswept

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 06:34:56 PM »
Tony....link looks interesting. I have one leaking (intermittent) for some reason. Maybe a piece of scale? Anway, our chrome also looks like crap. I wonder if these control valves come in Nickle? Reason I ask... I have already replace both sinks with nickle valves....(Gloria approval) ;) , attempting to eleviate the chrome finger print effect, smile. Please let us know how the valve actually work? Thanks! Don

tday01

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 09:37:43 AM »
I found some on Amazon that look like they will do the trick, so didn't end up contacting them.

The secret was 150mm on centre rather than 6" on centre. Will be installing in a could of weeks. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N12IMHI?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Tony

joel

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 03:49:17 PM »
I contacted Christian at the US Hylas, and he told me that they had gone to 4" center.  I will try contacting Queen Long directly.

any response from QL?

tday01

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 04:50:11 PM »
I contacted Christian at the US Hylas, and he told me that they had gone to 4" center.  I will try contacting Queen Long directly.

Ambition

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 11:52:12 AM »
Tony,
When the faucets started leaking on our 2002 46 (which are the same as in your photos), I requested replacements from Queen Long, they arrived within a few days, were priced reasonably and no messing around to get things to fit! For the cost of an email you may want to check with them.
Cheers,
Merrill and Maryse
S/V Ambition H46 #40

tday01

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 05:19:40 PM »
I'll check those out and let you know.

Thanks for the lead on Grotherm.

Moonlight

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 03:49:17 PM »
I just saw the photo's.  Those are the same as the one's I replaced but it looks like one is close to a corner.  The Grohtherm might not fit. 

Jack

Moonlight

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 03:34:15 PM »
I don't know what's on a 54, but our shower valve has a 6" spread on the two pipes.  I replaced both shower valves with the Grohtherm 1000.  It was a bit difficult but it was worth it.  They look good and work great.  The thermostat feature is very nice to have and works well. 

Jack
Moonlight
H49 #31

sjohnson

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 08:23:11 PM »
Tony:

On our H54, we had  leaky shower faucet.  I was able to take the valve cartridge to a plumbing supply store and get a replacement.  Probably could also take the guts of the swim platform shower valves to a plumbing store as well.  I am not sure about the replacement of the whole faucet.  Let us know if you find a supplier for the faucets,, at some point we will need to replace them as the chrome is getting pretty corroded.

Scott Johnson
SV L'ame Libre - H54 #22

tday01

Shower Faucets
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 07:56:53 PM »
Hello all,

I am the owner of a new (to me) 2005 Hylas 54.  Two of the shower faucets are leaking: the stern shower and the forward shower. These fittings are 6" on center, which is not a standard US size Pictures attached). Does anyone have any ideas on where to source replacements?

Thanks

Tony

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below