Author Topic: Gas LPG bottles on a 49  (Read 380 times)

Knoxan

Re: Gas LPG bottles on a 49
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 08:35:30 AM »
Have you looked at Camping Gas cylinders. I understand these are widely available throughout Europe. True Brew was stationed in the Med for a while and was stocked with both these and Calor bottles when I bought her.

Andy
Tree Brew
H46#32

Moonlight

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 06:12:06 AM »
I had been looking into increasing the amount of propane we carry so I was looking at different bottles and configurations.  We currently have two 10 lb aluminum bottles that are about 10" in diameter.  The midship starboard lazaret holds these with room to spare.  The rough inside measurement of our lazaret is 25" long x 18" wide x 23.5" deep.  The opening is cut out to about 10.5" to accept the 10" diameter tanks. 

While we were in Annapolis this fall we stopped in Fawcett Marine and they had new aluminum 10" tanks in stock but they also had some Worthington aluminum tanks that were 6" diameter x 22" tall that held 8.6 lbs.  I liked the looks of these since they might be useful to increase the amount of propane we carry.  At 22" tall, with only 1.5" to spare I don't know if the bottle will fit when the valve is connected, but if it did, you could easily get 3 in the lazaret and maybe 4, staggered, if necessary. 

Jack
Moonlight H49 #31

800lance

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 05:19:31 PM »
Hylas 49, #32 S/V Shamaya
We have 4 - 5LB aluminum propane tanks on board. 2 in starboard lazaret mid ship hooked to the propane system and 2 each in stern lazarettes storage

derek

• Manketti
Gas LPG bottles on a 49
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 11:13:59 PM »
Hi all, i'm presently in Vigo in North Spain and I have a gas problem and although I appreciate that most of you are in the US i would still be interested to know what size and type of Gas LPG butane bottles you have and how you get them replaced or do you fill them? also are you still using the midships locker or if not where? my reason for asking is that the Spanish bottles do not fit in the locker and I only have UK Calor bottles aboard which it seems that there is no way of filling here.
Can you please help.
Best regards
Derek
Manketti H49 #47

If you wish to help keep the HYOA running, please click the donation button below